Friday

Sensory Play for Baby

Sensory play for babies is a great way to introduce them to new textures in their world. It stimulates their senses and promotes development. 
I took a deep bin and filled it with rice, you could also use corn kernels or dry oatmeal. My daughter is 4 1/2 months and although she does put her hands in her mouth she is not quite grasping, holding and putting things in her mouth, so eating it was not a problem.

We are in the supported sitting stage so I just propped her up against the side of the bin.


Once sitting was too much for her I put her in her jumper and placed the bin under her jumper, I put a blanket under to get it at the right height.

She loved jumping in it and feeling it on her toes.

I used out GIANT magnet board and laid it down on the floor, Once she saw her reflection she was quite interested.

Who's that baby?
A lot of babies don't particularly enjoy tummy time but they DO love looking at themselves** I propped up a light weight mirror for her to admire herself.

She liked tummy time much better when she could see another cute baby :)

Another variation is to place the mirror on the floor and let them investigate. 







Baby girl is now 4 1/2 months and Big brother is 3*** sorry I haven't posted in awhile, I've had my hands full, but loving every minute. Thank you for following and leaving comments, they make my day***

19 comments:

  1. THis is an amazing idea for little ones.
    thank you for sharing this. EXCITED TO TRY .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely idea. Bath Time is another great opportunity for sensory play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting and informative post. Enjoyed reading your article. This is actually very nice infants learn many things in the meanwhile you have ample time for constructive work. Top preschool in Mumbai.

    ReplyDelete

  4. very useful article , this is what i want

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback and comments!!!!