Friday

Sensory Table: Construction Zone!

Sensory Table: Construction Zone!


On this very hot summer day I knew my son would be eager to do something when he woke up from his nap and I did not want that to involve playing out in the heat (were talking 100* here in beautiful California**) Anyways, I have been wanting to do a sensory table for a while now so I went scrounging around the house to see what I could use. In the garage I found an empty storage bin about 2 ft by 1 1/2 ft and about 1/2ft deep...it was the perfect size*



My son got these fun moon sand construction kits for his birthday...it's so fun and it doesn't dry out, so you just store it and re-use it again and again***
So ideally your suppose to open up the box and play inside it...but with a 2 year old...that 2inch deep container is a disaster waiting to happen*** so I poured all the moon sand into the big storage container and looked though our toys for 'construction type trucks'
They even came with these molds to make mini bricks....my son crushed every brick I built but I thought it was pretty cool.


Needless to say this was a fun activity that kept my son busy for a good 45 minutes.....he came down from his nap and said 'WOW! Thanks Mom' in his adorable little voice :) 





*I am planning on getting a little mini table and chairs to attach the bin to but for now we just used it on the floor.....I did cut a trash bag down the seams and laid it down under the bin to catch any spilled sand......which with a 2 year old is inevitable***

I plan on doing different types of sensory table each week so check back for more ideas***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback and comments!!!!