Thursday

Valentine's Day: Homemade playdough gifts

Day 3 of our week of LOVE countdown


 My son is not in school yet to exchange Valentine's so we are making a few Valentine's Day gifts for some of our family friends and our cousins. Check back tomorrow to see the cute packaging were making to put the play-dough in, I'm pretty excited about how cute it will look.**


Being a preschool teacher for so long I have made too many batches of play-dough to count, but I think this is by far my favorite 


This recipe is for a large batch 

the recipe: 4 cups water, 4 cups flour, 1 cup salt, 2 tablespoons cooking oil, 4 teaspoons cream of tartar, food coloring. Combine all ingredients.

You can find directions for a smaller batch of the same play-dough here



After mixing, I split the batch in half and added food coloring and glitter. 

Cook in a pan over the stove, (I used a non-stick pan but I think any should work fine) stirring constantly, until most of the moisture is absorbed. You will see the color get darker as it starts to cook. It will be ready when it is no longer sticky. Let cool then knead, the more you play with it the softer it will get. You can store it in a zip-lock bag and it does not need to be refrigerated. I made the last batch for my son over a month ago and it's still good* 




**check back each day for fun crafts on our 7 days of love countdown* 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback and comments!!!!